Our Caring Services
bereavement and family suport
The hospice has a Department of Psychological, Social and Spiritual Care,
headed by Mr Eugene Doyle.
We provide psychological, social and spiritual care for patients and their families. The department has a patient counsellor, bereavement counsellor, social worker, chaplain, pastoral care sister and a liaison psychiatrist.
- Services we offer:
- Counselling for patients and relatives
- Bereavement counselling
- Telephone bereavement support by trained volunteer bereavement support workers
- Social work advice, support and help with practical issues
- Support for children of parents who are patients of the hospice
- Spiritual care for patients and relatives
- The team can be contacted through 020 8335 4575 or through the nursing and medical staff at the hospice.
Advice from Sutton and Merton NHS. There are two booklets available from the Sutton and Merton NHS.
- Positive and comforting poems
- A website run edited by Peter Shaw has come positive and comforting poems.
- See www.personnets.moonfruit.com