Ways to offer your support
organise a fundraising event
- St Raphael’s Hospice full time Community Fundraiser is
- Louisa Hitchen and is based at
- 1st Floor, Capitol House, 662 London Road, North Cheam, SM3 9BY
Tel: 020 8254 2467
Firstly, THANK YOU! Without help from so many people organising fundraising events the Hospice would not function. Support from volunteer fundraisers is vital and what you are about to do is much appreciated! And FUNdraising is FUN!
Could YOU organise a Fundraising Event or activity?
Yes, of course you could! If you have a good idea and the enthusiasm to see it through. If you have supportive friends and neighbours and sufficient enthusiasm to spur them into action – start discussing your plans and see if they will help. You may be surprised!
Advance Planning – A few tips
- Try to make sure you are not clashing with a similar charity or event
- Give yourself plenty of time to organise every aspect of the event
- Look at what could go wrong on the day and how you would deal with it!
- Do check if you need any licences or permits as a few events need these.
- Frequent issues that arise are licensing for the sale of alcohol and an entertainments licence if live music or dancing are involved
- Do advertise your event – nobody will come unless they know it is taking place!
- Use the local newspapers, radio, and shop windows to display posters to promote awareness of the event
- Check that everyone knows what they are doing on the day. People usually like to be given something specific to do and be responsible for.
Staging an Event
If you can get enough support you could organise a Grand Ball; Dinner and Dance; Fete; Street Party; Golf Day; Race Night. But don’t be over ambitious. Use all the expertise you can lay your hands on – there is nothing like experience and do learn from other people’s mistakes. Do research to find out how much interest there is in what you plan to do.
This will help you judge how viable your event is. If in doubt, attempt something smaller first.
You could be sponsored for any number of activities. Ask your friends, family and work colleagues to sponsor you to: