Psycho-Social Care Team
The Hospice Psycho-social and Bereavement team offer support to patients, carers and relatives.
We provide psychological, social and spiritual care for patients and their families. The department has two counsellors, a social worker and a pastoral care sister .
Services we offer:
- Counselling for patients and relatives
- Bereavement counselling
- Telephone bereavement support by trained volunteer bereavement support workers
- Social work advice, support and help with practical issues
- Support for children of parents who are patients of the hospice
- Spiritual care for patients and relatives
- The team can be contacted through 020 8099 7777 or through the nursing and medical staff at the hospice.
Advice from Sutton and Merton NHS. There are two booklets available from the Sutton and Merton NHS.
Caring for someone who is seriously ill or dying at home (PDF)
What to do after a Death at Home (PDF)
Positive and comforting poems
A website run edited by Peter Shaw has come positive and comforting poems.