The fast moving situation with the Corona Virus has caused us to undertake a risk assessment for our events program. Having weighed up all the evidence, we have decided not to go ahead with this year’s Music in the Park. I know this will be a great disappointment to the many regular attendees who feel it kicks of their summer.

Whilst our main concerns were for the safety and wellbeing of our volunteers, staff, the acts, crew and event supporters, there is also significant financial outlay for an event that may well have to be cancelled if the government deems it necessary. This poses us with some fundraising challenges for the remainder of the year but we hope that there will be limited impact on our other events and that our supporters will be able to join us in all the usual ways, in particular, with the Lavender Appeal.

Sara Jane Woods, Director of Fundraising and Communications