Hospice @ Home
The Hospice @ Home (H@H) service aims to provide choice for patients, within Sutton & Merton, to be cared for at home during the final stages of their life.
The H@H team provides skilled hands on practical nursing care and social support. They work closely with the local hospitals to facilitate timely discharge from hospital, and with existing community services to support people at home. The service operates 7 days a week, with 24-hour access to telephone advice.
Aims of the service:
- Achieve patient’s preferred place of care/death
- Prevent inappropriate admissions to hospital
- Provide generalist palliative care assessment and advice
- Facilitate rapid/early discharge from hospital for EoLC patients
- Psychosocial support and information for families and carers
- Work in collaboration with all other statutory and community services, e.g. GPs, DNs and Social Services, to provide patient-centred, coordinated care
The H@H Team brings the skills, ethos and practical care associated with the hospice into the home environment, on the basis of need, not diagnosis. It is an integral part of our local healthcare provision to ensure patients receive high quality, individualised, palliative care in the last 3 months of life.
For further information, please contact Philomena Moore or Mandy Cripps, H@H Co-ordinators on Tele: 020 8099 7777
Information for relatives
What to do after a death at home (download PDF)
Funeral Arrangements – donations in lieu of flowers